So here are the answers to their questions:
1. How long have you been blogging?
I am still in my 1st year and March 2016 is my blogoversary! (It feels like I've been here forever, thought!) My blog is about my 2 beloved tiger-calicos, Peaches & Paprika. I also feature guest "cats-of-the-mont" & musical slideshows I make of local shelters here in Connecticut to enhance adoption efforts. I started blogging out of a love for Peaches & Paparika and the wish to be part of a similiary minded community.
2. What is the one thing that you accomplished during 2015, either on your blog or because of it, that made you most proud?
I coordinated a TV series called CAT TAILS on our local community station in summer 2015, dedicated to the health & welfare of all cats. The shows were broadcast online & in 8 local communities. Our guests included a therapy cat organization, a local vet speaking on "the fat cat," animal reiki, a CT TNR clinic and many more interesting guests.
I 3. Which of your blog posts was favorite this year and why? (Please include a link.)
I I had recently accidentally learned through internet growing that my Peaches & Paprika were briefly on "death row" before I met them. My favorite post of the year was called "Remembering Our Shelter Days" and Our Narrow Escape from New York City." -- telling my kitties' story from their nights on the dreaded "euthanasia list" at NYACC to their journey to Connecticut where I met, fell in love with and adopted them. I included quotes from hundreds of volunteers whose posts, shares & donations saved them. I will always be grateful to these dedicated volunteers!
4. What is one thing you've done in the past year that has brought more traffic to your blog?
Actually...I hope to increase readership this year but I don't think I've been very talented in bringing more traffic to my blog. Probably if anything increased readership, it was getting more involved with the community in this, my first year. One example is a Christmas slideshow icreated, involving about 30 or 40 members of the blogging community. I hope to do more of this.
5. Which of your blog posts got the most traffic this year? Why do you think it was so popular? (please include a link)
That would be International Box Day The wonderful Ann Adamus, gifted and generous person behind the Zoolatry blog created some amazing collages of Peaches & Paprika and we had a co-celebrant, Luke of Jan's Funny Farm. I think the post' s popularity was due to the fun celebration and that it was done in tandem with Ann's and Jan's help and participation. Community building for sure!
6. What is one blog that you read religiously – other than your own – and what makes you such a devoted reader?
I read Glogirly's blog because I particularly admire its creativity, sharp, varied photography, and general cleverness. (Please include a link.) I am also a regular reader of many more!
7. What resources do you rely on to enhance your technical, writing, photography, social media, or other skills that improve your blog?
8. What is the best piece of advice you can offer other bloggers?
9. What is your vision for your blog in 2016? Do you have specific goals? I hope to become more involved with the blogging and animal loving community in general. I hope to widen my range of social media to additional avenues than blog/facebook, and also to learn to use Wordpress so I can have a wider range of creative options on my blog.
10. You have the attention of the pet blogging community – is there one blogging challenge you’d like help with, or one aspect of your blog that you’d like input on?