1. For Those visiting Your Blog For the First Time, How Long have you been blogging and what is your main topic?
March 2019 will be my, believe it or not, FOURTH(!) blogoversary. My blog is about the adventures AND sisterly somewhat competitive territorial but never dull relationship of Peaches and Paprika, my two beloved, quirky tiger-calico sisters. Our blog is strictly for entertainment and has no socially redeemable nor instructional value (well maybe a little) ! We celebrate many of the "fun" holidays, like National Bubble Bath Day and National Popcorn Day, both this month. In the latter, Peaches & Paprika are suddenly attacked by popcorn. We try to provide an upbeat, happy place for visitors!
2. What was your proudest blogging moment of 2018?
Creating three online slideshows for various shelters after which I was told the shows helped with their adoptions! I am also proud of building a really nice little community on Peaches and Paprika's Facebook page of individuals who genuinely enjoy my furballs and engage with my posts regularly. Some of these individuals read my blog as well.
3. What was the biggest blogging challenge you faced in 2018 and how did you tackle it?
Fitting blogging in with the rest of my life and still HAVING a life was and is a continuing challenge. And being organizedI tackled it by doing my posts first thing in the morning. I also started the process of being organized and (sometimes) planning ahead. I also created books by year of my previous blog posts so I could keep track of what I did when. This helped when I had nothing to say but had an interesting post a year or 2 or 3 back I could recreate as a fun flashback. Importantly also, I gave my blog a new look via help from Glogirly's talented designer Debbie G. Oh! And I bought my domain and became a dot.com!
4. Which of your 2018 posts was your favorite and why?
My favorite was National Tooth Fairy Day because it is so silly and fun and decorative. I also had a blast with Quirky Country Music Song Titles Day because I got to look up outrageous lyrics and country songs and then find backgrounds and a cowboy hat or two to make photo "cartoons" out of them.
5. Which of your 2018 posts was most popular with your audience? Why do you think it does so well? Did you implement a new series, feature or practice on your blog in 2018 that you're enjoying?
The 4th Annual Meowy Catmas Show was probably the most popular, since it was a slideshow created for 40+ enthusiastic talented bloggers all decked out in their holiday gear. I've done this every year and though it's a challenge to "round everyone up," it continues to get positive comments! Runner up was Our 3rd Blogoversary because it showed a panorama of what we'd done through the year. (Or maybe everyone just liked the cartoons!)
6. As the social media landscape changes, how are you promoting your blog posts and connecting with new readers?
I've put a lot of energy into Peaches and Paprika's Facebook page and am proud to have reached over 9000 LIKES. More importantly, though, their fans are very engaged with my cats and there are lots of comments and shares. It's a wonderful feeling when your labors of love are reciprocated. I link to my blog, maybe one post out of 4, so it brings more traffic to my blog as well. (one has to be careful these days about the "linking" as opposed to original content. As I understand it, Facebook distributes your post to a smaller audience when your page has a lot of links...at least that's the word for today.)
7. Looking forward got 2019, if you accomplish only one thing through your blog, what do you hope it is? What steps are you planning to take to ensure you reach your goal?
My goal: I totally dearly and from the heart want to write two or three books from my blog. I certainly have uber-much material by now!
Steps I'm taking: I am just now beginning research on how to do a book. Checking out Kindle Publishing, Lulu, and starting to check my options. Simultaneously working out themes and selecting/organizing posts to use. Just starting, though!
9. Now it's your turn! How can we help? Is there an area where you could use some advice, or an aspect of your blog you'd like input on? share it here and we'll answer you in comments!
Yes, Help! Can you point me in the right direction re how to create a book I can sell as both an e-book and paperback book on Amazon? Right now I have readers (I think!) who would buy it but not sure how long I'll have this pleasant situation! So...options for publishing or self-publishing to start? Or what to read? Anyone have any experience with the Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing Option?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Also plan to monetize my blog/Facebook page, after the book is done.
Many thanks for reading through my long long answers and wishing all of you getting just an inch or two closer to your hearts' desire...